Who is Mariam Thresia
Mariam Thresia Chiramel Mankidiyan
Mariam Thresia Chiramel Mankidiyan (Short form: Mariam Thresia) (* April 26, 1876 in Puthenchira (Trichur district (Kerala) India; † June 8, 1926 in Kuzhikkattusseny , India) was an Indian nun of the Syro-Malabar Church and was beatified by Pope John Paul II in 2000.
Mariam Thresia was born April 26, 1876, her noble parents were Thoma and Thanda Chiramel Mankidiyan, who became impoverished in the course of their young lives. In the first half of her life she was called by her baptismal name (baptized March 3, 1876) Thresia.
“But she wanted to be called Mariam Thresia because she believed that in a vision of the Blessed Virgin Mary (1904) she was asked by the latter to add“ Mariam ”to her first name. As Mariam Thresia she made her profession in 1914, the founder and the first member of the Congregation of the Holy Family in India.  “
She soon saw her father and brother become alcoholics and neglect the family. She was the third of five children and had two brothers and two sisters who were lovingly raised by their mother. In her autobiography, she said that at the age of ten she wanted to live by striving in complete harmony with God. She fasted four times a week and said the rosary several times a day.
Turning to charity
When her mother passed away, Mariam was 12 years old and had to drop out of school. She and three other girls took over cleaning the parish church. Her charitable and caring streak became apparent very early on: she helped the poor, cared for the seriously ill with leprosy or smallpox, and looked after orphans. She lived with three friends in a residential and prayer community, they shared the work and visited families in need. From this pious activity the bond with the Holy Family of Nazareth also developed. Mystical gifts crystallized from her, she had prophecy and healing powers. Between 1902 and 1905 she was repeatedly exorcised by Pastor Joseph Vithayathil on the orders of the bishop, who thought that Thresia was just a toy of the devil.  From 1902 until her death, Joseph Vithayathil was her spiritual father, she trusted him and followed his instructions.
Founding of the order
Their request to build a house for silent prayer and meditation was not granted in 1903 by the Vicar Apostolic of Trichur. It was not until 1913 that she received permission to found the "Congregation of the Holy Family". Mariam lived with three like-minded people in this ashram, they led the lives of hermits. On May 14, 1914, the diocesan bishop granted canonical permission and accepted the perpetual profession of Mariam Thresia. The three friends were accepted as postulants and Miriam was the first to take over the office of superior, while Pastor Joseph Vithayathil was appointed first chaplain. The new congregation initially adopted the order of the Sisters of the Holy Family of Bordeaux, who had already established a religious establishment in Sri Lanka. Until her death, Miriam Thresia built three religious offices, two schools, two boarding schools, a study center, and an orphanage. The congregation finally had 55 nuns in 1926, Father Joseph accompanied the women's order until his death in 1964.
Mother Mariam Thresia died on June 8, 1926; Immediately thereafter, a reverence and reputation spread that Mother Mariam would continue to help the sick and needy. The beatification process began in 1971, the documents collected were presented to the episcopal commission in 1983 and 15 eyewitnesses were interrogated.
“On June 28, 1999, the Congregation for the Canonization issued a decree stating that the Servant of God Mariam Thresia had heroically practiced the Christian virtues, so that she was awarded the title of" Venerabilis ".  “
After the canonical recognition of several miracles (January 27, 2000), the last requirement for beatification on April 9, 2000 was fulfilled.
- ↑ Pilgrim Center  / 
- ↑ biography 
- ↑ Internet publication for general and integrative psychotherapy THRESIA CHIRAMEL MANKIDIYAN (1876-1926)
- ↑ biography 
- Why do we have laws
- What are some good short documentaries
- Have the Chinese ever visited ancient Rome
- What do percentages of ethnicity mean?
- Is it legal to be homeless?
- I have a police file
- What is product literature
- What are the success factors behind manta com
- Which games have been shown to improve cognitive skills
- 10 carat white gold is good
- How was Jimi Hendrix so damn good
- What is mind and reason
- How can the ten commandments be interpreted?
- What is refreshing food after sex
- How did one Creator create the whole of creation
- Apathy is a cure for depression
- Likes Chennai Girls north Indian boys
- AA meetings are free
- How can I improve my university life
- What if my hemorrhoids don't go away
- Which Christian churches do not use crosses
- Does Hypnosis Really Exist How To Learn
- How is metadata used
- Why are some people angry
- Why are there so many Koreans in Atlanta
- Why do we let the government enslave us?
- How much is Amazon worth
- What was the matter with Stalin's hand?
- Is Bitcoin online gambling legal?
- Is libertarianism incompatible with religion
- What is the center of our India
- Is the Chinese economy Keynesian
- Is ghee good for cooking
- How do you grow your emotional age