Donald Trump is right-handed
Left-Handed Day has been celebrated on August 13th since 1976. It is intended to draw attention to the impairments of left-handers. They were helped, with left hand can openers and scissors - and above all with respect for their intellectual and creative abilities.
Five of the last eight US presidents (since 1974) have been left-handed: Gerald Ford, Ronald Reagan, George H. W. Bush, Bill Clinton, Barack Obama. The other three, Jimmy Carter, George W. Bush, Donald Trump acted - to put it in a friendly way - rather unlucky. Coincidence? Or are left-handed people actually smarter than normal people?
Yes and no. There is an above-average number of lefties among gifted people - the super brain club Mensa claims that every fifth member is left-handed. But left-handers are also overrepresented among the less gifted.
Nadal retrained to left-handed
A certain neurophysiological superiority cannot be denied to left-handers: They think more holistically. This is due to the fact that spatial thinking is localized in the right half of the brain, which is responsible for the left half of the body. The numerous difficulties that they encounter in everyday life also force them to come up with original solutions and lead to a stronger connection between the two hemispheres of the brain.
This should also have an effect on their creativity, they say, and the famous left-handers are listed: Goethe, Kafka, Bichsel, Newton, Einstein, Gates, Michelangelo, Picasso, Klee, Beethoven, Mozart, Sting, Marilyn Monroe, Greta Garbo, Angelina Jolie. And there are many more. This is not proof, but is it an indication?
Lefties often swing at the top in sports too, especially in contact sports. Because in contrast to the right-handers, they are used to mirror-image opponents. Rafael Nadal even turned to left-handed in order to take advantage of this advantage.
A whole place full of left-handed people
Left-handed couples only have a 25 percent chance of having a left-handed child. If both are right-handed, the probability is still just under 10 percent. Around every eighth to tenth person is left-handed. The number of unreported cases (retrained to be right-handed) is a further 10-20 percent.
Their share is lower in Asia, with only 4 percent of Koreans preferring the left. In the Simpsons' Springfield, on the other hand, every third person does everything with his left hand. As the series creator, Matt Groening.
A small community in West Virginia is 100 percent left-handed: It's called Left Hand and is inhabited by around 400 left-handers.
- What was your worst decision with money
- The first year of engineering is difficult
- What native language is spoken in Hawaii
- Why is Apple not releasing the availability of iPad 2
- Which flags does the Union Jack belong to?
- Is tabloid journalism necessarily bad for society
- What is propaganda
- How many syllables are in beloved
- Who is happy in Andhra Pradesh
- Who found what in Cairo New York
- Who were the South Democrats?
- Who is the second prime minister
- All famous people are narcissists
- What about Putin
- Why don't people like Islam?
- What should everyone know about Dharavi
- How's the nightlife in Rocklin, CA.
- What's wrong with congressional election campaigns
- Why are Catholics called Catholics
- Political correctness is ruining Canada
- What's in a spirit level
- Is Iran a threat to Pakistan?
- Why do most of the girls prefer bright colors
- What is the name of a cat person