What went wrong with Vijay Mallya
Mallya: "We won't squander any money pointlessly"
(Motorsport-Total.com) - In 1998 Eddie Jordan's team landed their maiden victory, in 1999 they were even a candidate for the title - then the team fell into the abyss and went through many hands before a certain Vijay Mallya took on the team. Since then, the troop has been operating under the name Force India and wants to cause some surprises in the next few years - but how did it come to that?
© Force India
Vijay Mallya and his Force India crew, with whom he entered Formula 1
"I stumbled upon the 'Kingfisher Beer' brand, which was launched in the 1850s but was no longer on store shelves," Mallya told grandprix about his first steps in the business world in the 1970s .com '. "Something about it attracted me magically. I saw more in it, could see a special movement in it and also a certain cheek." # W1 #
Kingfisher is at the beginning of a career
"I went to my father and told him that I wanted to revive the brand and that I would need a million rupees for it," explained the Indian, whose father was already leading a large economic empire with United Breweries. "He kicked me out of his office. After a lot of persuasion, I finally got a small budget."
Almost 30 years later, it is again an almost idle brand that attracts Mallya's attention - Spyker: "I bought the team because it was on the market. After all, it's not every day that a Formula 1 racing team happens When I took a closer look at the team, I immediately saw that there were a lot of resources that could be used to improve performance. "
"90 percent of the workforce were Jordan employees, that cannot be argued away - and Jordan was once a very successful Formula 1 team. It was in the top 5, won races and qualified for pole positions. So that was it still the same guys. " In the meantime, of course, the racing team had changed hands more often than a driver had changed tires during a Grand Prix.
Sensible investments should bring success
"What went wrong? Of course there was something wrong, but obviously you couldn't get it under control. In Silverstone we have a good factory that has already produced winning cars. We have the staff who were already part of a winning team." . I am convinced that with the right resources and the right guidance, this team can be brought back to winning ways. "
"And that's exactly what I'm doing now," said the Indian businessman. "I gave them more money, but every penny has to have a reason. If there are goals for performance improvement, they will also be financially supported - but we will not squander any money pointlessly." So a little swipe at the grandees of the automotive industry, who pay a lot for their involvement in Formula 1.
"We don't just want to have a huge budget on paper and then do nothing at all. The financial commitment and the improved performance go hand in hand, and everyone here knows that. Of course, Kingfisher has taken up the best space on the car, but Formula 1 has always been one of our favorite platforms, "said the main funder of Force India. "So that's not surprising."
- What are all keyboard shortcuts
- What do people think of Al Jazeera
- What do you think of single mothers
- How dangerous is Pakistan occupying Kashmir?
- Why are Chinese goods found worldwide
- What makes a woman buy something
- Why do companies issue preferred shares
- Have you changed your church names?
- Why do people wear pearl bracelets
- What makes someone spiritually mature
- Do introverted and extroverted brains function differently
- How much music curators are paid
- What makes Smirnoff vodka so cheap
- Can a newborn baby travel by plane
- Is Paul Krugman degenerate
- Should we learn Bhagwaad Geeta in school
- What does a private flight cost
- Do you think Donald Trump is selfish
- What has Donald Trump changed?
- What music do you listen to 3
- Which country pass is the easiest to get
- How do you buy crypto currency anonymously
- Why do cultural studies refute Marxism?
- How are C arrays implemented internally
- What is functional dependence and its types
- How is the situation in Paris
- When does Expo 2020 Dubai start?
- Why are the Turks so generous
- Why did Mamata Banerjee lose her election
- What are the 4 political ideologies of the USA
- Can the flood be healed in Halo?
- Is Kheerganga Trek open
- Why do dogs lick people with wounds