How is life at Nit Srinagar
Anees Zargar, 31, journalist
The high-speed Internet was also cut last summer, and at the very beginning of the curfew in August, even the telephone networks. Today every website loads very slowly, most of them are blocked. Every few minutes the Skype face freezes in wild grimaces on the screen.
"In between we were allowed to go out again and again," says Anees, "but with Corona the government had a reason to lock everyone in." The empty streets and the lowered blinds have become the norm for residents in Sringarar. "For Corona we were already practicing," says Anees, "at a high price."
The isolation has serious consequences for every family in his neighborhood, few can go to work. "Everyone is slowly living on the very last money they have saved."
Every tomato purchase becomes a gauntlet run. "You don't know whether you can still get through to the vegetable man or whether the military has postponed the checkpoint again," says Annes. “In one moment you can be arrested. Only the Indian soldiers are allowed to move freely. Last week I saw a man smoking and buying bananas outside a store, after which he was arrested. Nobody knows what happened to him then. "
Sometimes, with a special permit as a journalist, Anees can go out to report. Not an easy job. In April, a photojournalist was charged with social media posts critical of the government. She may have to go to jail for seven years for a Facebook post. "As a journalist, besides the pen, fear is a constant companion," says Anees, "I can't just knock on people or make an appointment for an interview with a minister." He always has to find other ways to talk to people . On the phone, through the family, in everyday observation.
Annes continues to write anyway. About police violence. About the harassment doctors and nurses are exposed to in their daily work and how elementary school students are taught by teacher initiatives via WhatsApp.
- Who are some famous Indians
- What is your favorite airline and why
- Why is PUBG better than Halo
- How to say post in Japanese
- Where is the Hemis National Park
- Can eye swimmers become cancerous
- Makes you scared of weeds
- Stores checks in cash
- What math is helpful for learning chess
- What are Linux distributions
- What is technological globalization
- What measures seizure activity
- Can special school students visit the university?
- What's your favorite postmodern novel
- How are virtual ICAI classes
- How important is Chinese spelling
- How fair is the Indian media
- What is a revolt
- Which British royal family changed their last name?
- Which is the largest parasite
- Which are the most popular resorts in Andaman
- How is the CAB affecting Northeast India
- Why do metals conduct heat well?
- Which sitcom was very similar to your childhood?