How to write an admission essay
Study abroad in the USA: application process
Pursue your dreams in New York!
Clarkson University in New York lets you align your academics, research and social life with your own personal passions to create a powerful learning experience.
First and foremost, check out the admission requirements of each school that you might be interested in. American schools don't always accept international qualifications, so you may need to take the SAT exam or other equivalent exam. Fortunately, there are testing centers around the world should this be the case. You may also need to provide evidence of your English skills. You can do this simply by taking the TOEFL test.
Find a program
Do you want to study in the USA? Find and compare programs
Once you have a recognized qualification on hand, you can apply.
Unlike in many European countries, however, there is no national application portal. You apply to individual schools whether you are an American or an international student. You usually do this directly through the websites of your chosen schools.
The processes can vary a little from school to school, but here are the general steps for applying to American schools.
- Fill out the application form and upload your receipts. If these documents are not in English, you will need to submit them with a notarized translation.
- Write an admission essay. Think of this as an expanded letter of motivation. Usually admission essays are a topic that you find interesting. In this topic, you need to be able to outline your accomplishments and argue why you are a good fit for the school you are applying for.
- If you receive an offer of admission, you must accept it as soon as possible in order for you to receive your I-20 form. If you've applied to more than one school, you'll need to wait for all of them to reply before accepting or declining offers.
- In order to receive your I-20 form, you will need to pay the tuition deposit and provide proof of finance sufficient to cover your living expenses for at least a year.
- Once you have your I-20 form in hand, you are ready to apply for your study visa and prepare for your adventure in the United States.
American schools are open for applications on various dates during the fall semester. Most schools must have received your application by December or January at the latest.
- Which car name has 3 letters
- What does piracy mean to you
- Why are older people more patriotic
- Why is socialism controversial
- Chickens are vegetarians
- Is culture the binding force of a nation
- Which properties should lead to more creativity?
- What is a delegation in MUN
- How do I show political awareness
- What is a company's EBITDA
- Why do Illuminati kill their members
- Which TV should I never buy?
- What is your favorite war poem
- What are the cons of IVF
- What was the name of Lucifer's angel
- Which hormone is responsible for osteoporosis?
- What is the alternative of Jio TV
- What are Moroccans known for?
- What happened after Aurangzeb died
- What screams i'm a tamilian
- What is a preacher
- Dussehra or Diwali is celebrated in Kashmir
- Are the French considered Latin?
- Frank Zappa Does humor belong in music
- Is Google still doing well?
- Whose card was Columbus using
- Is it okay to follow Sadhguru?
- What are your favorite moments in Zoro
- What is dadaism
- Indian girls prefer to marry pilots
- Why is Voellerei considered a sin
- How do you type in HTML
- How can HBsAg become negative
- What did old people ride