Does naturopathy have anything against glaucoma
So this statement has long since become obsolete. Take action and do something about your glaucoma. Stop or prevent it - especially if you suspect a genetic predisposition to glaucoma. Here is a summary of the most important measures:
- Green leafy vegetables: Eat these vegetables at least twice a week, better daily - as a salad or in the form of steamed vegetables.
- Cabbage Vegetables: Eat these vegetables at least twice a week.
- Check your vitamin D levels and take vitamin D if necessary.
- Optimize your folic acid, manganese and magnesium supply. (Usually works very well if you switch to an excess alkaline diet, as explained here: The excess alkaline diet).
- Choose a dietary supplement from the following: ginseng, resveratrol (e.g. in red wine extract), ginkgo biloba or quercetin.
- Get enough omega-3 fatty acids - either through food or as a dietary supplement.
- Drink less coffee and switch to green tea.
- Do not buy foods with glutamate; In restaurants you can ask which dishes are prepared without glutamate.
- Start with regular meditation.
- Try acupuncture.
- Take care of regular purification and detoxification.
- Think about exercise and stay fit!
- If you are overwhelmed with all of these measures, seek out a holistic health advisor and let them put together a personal program for you.
Your donation helps us
If you enjoyed this article, we would appreciate a small contribution to our work! Donate now with Paypal.
Distance training to become a holistic nutritionist
Are you interested in what's in our food and want to know how nutrients and vital substances affect the body? Do you want a healthy life for yourself, your family and fellow human beings? Nutritionists are popular - but the holistic aspect that is needed for sustainable health is often forgotten when giving advice. At the Academy of Naturopathy, you will get to know the connections between lifestyle and diet as well as physical and psychological well-being.
That educates interested people like you in around 16 months to become a holistic nutritionist out.
Is this article worth reading?
Share this article
- Kang JH et al., Association of di etary nitrate intake with primary open-angle glaucoma: A prospective analysis from the Nurses Health Study and Health Professionals Follow-up Study, January 2016, JAMA Opthalmology, doi: 10.1001 / jamaophthalmol.2015.5601, ( Association of Nitrate Intake with Diet and Primary Wide Angle Glaucoma: A Prospective Analysis of the Nurses Health Study and the Health Professionals Follow-Up Study)
- Larsen FJ et al., Effects of dietary nitrate on blood pressure in healthy volunteers, December 2006, The New England Journal of Medicine, doi: 10.1056 / NEJMc062800, (Effects of dietary nitrate on blood pressure in healthy volunteers)
- Tang Y et al., Nitrite and nitrate: cardiovascular risk-benefit and metabolic effect, February 2011, Current Opinion in Lipidology, 10.1097 / MOL.0b013e328341942c, (Nitrites and nitrates: risk-benefit analysis for the cardiovascular system and the effect on the Metabolism)
- Newman T, Eating your greens might stave off glaucoma, medical news today, January 16, 2016, (Eating leafy vegetables helps ward off glaucoma)
- Yoo TK et al. Is vitamin D status associated with open-angle glaucoma? A cross-sectional study from South Korea. Public Health Nutrition, April 2014, (Is there an association with wide-angle glaucoma and vitamin D levels? A cross-sectional study from South Korea)
- Goncalves A et al. Serum vitamin D status is associated with the presence but not the severity of primary open angle glaucoma. August 2015, Maturitas, (Serum vitamin D level is related to the occurrence, but not to the severity of primary wide-angle glaucoma)
- Tourtas T et al., Preventive Effects of Omega-3 and Omega-6 Fatty acids on peroxide mediated oxidative stress responses in primary human trabecular meshwork cells. 2012, PloS one, (Preventive effects of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids on peroxide-mediated oxidative stress reactions in primary human trabecular network cells)
- Omega 3: 6 ratio intake and incidence of glaucoma: the SUN cohort.
- Tuan-Phat Huynh et al. Botanical Compounds: Effects on Major Eye Diseases, 2013, Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine,
- Pescosolido N, Curcumin: therapeutical potential in ophthalmology. Mar 2014, Planta medica, (Curcumin: therapeutic potential in ophthalmology)
- Wang LL et al., Curcumin, a potential therapeutic candidate for retinal diseases. September 2013, Molecular Nutrition & ampamp; food research, (curcumin, a potential therapeutic agent for eye diseases)
- Xu H, ZHANG Ren`s experience of treatment on glaucoma with acupuncture, May 2012, Zhongguo zhen jiu = Chinese acupuncture & amp; moxibustion, (ZHANG Ren's experience in treating glaucoma with acupuncture)
- Liu W et al., Impact of acupuncture on 24 h intraocular pressure of glaucoma. June 2011, Zhongguo zhen jiu = Chinese acupuncture & amp; moxibustion, (effect of acupuncture on the 24-hour intraocular pressure in glaucoma)
- Zeng J et al., The Relationship Between Helicobacter pylori Infection and Open-Angle Glaucoma: A Meta-Analysis. August 2015, Investigative ophtalmology & ampamp; visual science, (The Link Between Helicobacter pylori Infection and Wide Angle Glaucoma: A Meta-Analysis)
- Tsolaki F, Helicobacter pylori infection, dementia and primary open-angle glaucoma: are they connected? Mar 2015, BMC Ophtalmology, (Helicobacter pylori infections, dementia and primary wide-angle glaucoma: Are there any connections?)
- Deepak M. et al., Transient Glaucoma after an Epidural Steroid Injection: A Case Report, 2015, The Ochsner Journal, (Transient Glaucoma After Epidural Injection with Steroids: A Case Report)
- Jeppesen P et al., [Steroid treatment and risk of glaucoma], August 2015, Ugeskr Laeger, (Steroid therapy and the risk of glaucoma)
- Brauser Deborah, Antidepressants Linked to Glaucoma in Elderly, Mar 2011, Medscape Medical News, (Antidepressants have been linked to glaucoma in the elderly)
- Eke T, Carr S, Acute glaucoma, chronic glaucoma, and serotoninergic drugs, 1998, British Journal of Ophthalmology, (acute glaucoma, chronic glaucoma, and serotoninergic drugs)
- Tammy P et al., Meds That Don`t Mix with Glaucoma Patients, October 2012, Review of Optometry, (drugs that are not recommended for glaucoma patients)
- Ohguro H et al., A high dietary intake of sodium glutamate as flavoring (ajinomoto) causes gross changes in retinal morphology and function. September 2002, Experimental eye research, (The high consumption of sodium glutamate with the diet as a flavor enhancer causes major changes in the morphology and function of the retina)
- Pasquale LR, The Relationship between caffeine and coffee consumption and exfoliation glaucoma or glaucoma suspect: a prospective study in two cohorts. September 2012, Investigative ophtalmology & amp; visucal science, (The link between caffeine, coffee consumption and exfoliative glaucoma or suspected glaucoma: a prospective study in two cohorts)
- Mittal SK et al., A Study Showing Influence of Autonomic Nervous Activity and Meditation on Intra-Ocular Pressure, 2014, Neuro-Ophthalmology & ampamp; Visual Neuroscience, (A study shows the influence of autonomic nerve activity and meditation on intraocular pressure)
- Lin SC et al., Association between body levels of trace metals and glaucoma prevalence. October 2015, JAMA Ophthalmology, (link between heavy metal exposure and occurrence of glaucoma)
- Jae H. Kang et al., A Prospective Study of Folate Vitamin B6 and Vitamin B12 Intake in Relation to Exfoliation Glaucoma or Suspected Exfoliation Glaucoma, JAMA Ophthalmology, May 2014, (A prospective study of folic acid, vitamin B6 and B12 intake in Connection to exfoliating glaucoma or suspected exfoliating glaucoma)
- Herbal Supplement May Successfully Treat Glaucoma, April 2015, ARVO The Association for Research in Vision and Ophtalmology, (Herbal Supplement Could Successfully Treat Glaucoma)
- Augustin NO et al., Role of Mediterraneandiet, tropical vegetables rich in antioxidants, and sunlight exposurein blindness, cataract andglaucomaamong African type 2 diabetics. April 2012, International Journal of Ophthalmology, (Role of the Mediterranean Diet, Tropical Vegetables High in Antioxidants, and Sunlight in Blindness, Cataract, and Glaucoma in African Type 2 Diabetics)
- Chu et al. Green Tea Catechins and Their Oxidative Protection in the Rat Eye.Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 2010, (Catechins from green tea and their oxidative protective effect in the rat eye)
- Deepa Abraham MD, Steroid Induced Glaucoma, American Academy of Ophthalmology, Jan 23, 2015, (Cortisone Induced Glaucoma)
Notice on health issues
This information is passed to the best of my knowledge and belief. They are intended exclusively for those interested and for further training and are in no way to be understood as diagnostic or therapeutic instructions. We do not assume any liability for damages of any kind, which arise directly or indirectly from the use of the information. If you suspect illness, please consult your doctor or alternative practitioner
Subscribe to Newsletter
Exciting information about health and nutrition
1x per month
Login Successful. You will shortly receive a confirmation at the specified email address.
With your registration you allow the regular sending of the newsletter and accept the data protection regulations.
HEALTH CENTER © 2021 Neosmart Consulting AG. All rights reserved.
- How do evangelical Christians see
- Why are Trump's tweets important
- What makes an anarchist
- What is the PMC bank fraud
- How can I better understand Indian politics
- Which is better Kovalam or Poovar
- Needs Kibana Elasticsearch
- Is Bengaluru Kannada different from Mandya Kannada
- 16-year-olds go to clubs
- How can companies reduce their CO2 emissions
- What is the importance of sedimentary rocks
- Where is the Moroccan Empire
- What is fiscal policy
- Is R B part of hip hop
- When will electric cars take over
- What is the longest word in Maori
- How did the word Tamil come about?
- How does Duta make money
- How strong is the Indian army actually
- What is something that makes you feel bad about
- CPEC is dangerous for Pakistan
- What Les Miserables death is the saddest
- What was Rahul Dravid's jersey number
- Who sang and recorded the song Superfly