Did God create creation
Keyword: creation, creator
In the beginning God created heaven and earth - this is how the first book of the Bible begins (Genesis 1,1). In the very first accounts of the Bible, God is presented as the Creator of the entire world. He made everything: heaven, earth, people and all other living beings.
In contrast to the worldview of many other peoples around Israel at that time, the biblical creation narratives express the conviction that the world itself is not divine. Neither heaven nor earth nor the sun are gods, but they are all creatures that the one and only God created.
The way of creation is also important. In Babylonian creation stories, for example, the creation of the world is associated with a battle between the various gods: the god Marduk defeats the sea goddess Tiamat and forms heaven and earth out of her body. In the biblical narratives, on the other hand, there is no such struggle. Yes, God doesn't even use any "stuff" out of which he forms the world. He creates the world through his word alone ("God spoke ..." - "So it happened."). This expresses the trust in the sovereignty and power of the Creator God, which at the same time makes the biblical story of creation a creed.
The whole of creation remains forever dependent on God's continued care and attention, otherwise it would sink into chaos again (Psalm 104: 5-9, Psalm 89: 9-13). The constant preservation of creation is also part of the biblical conception of the creator.
Man has a special position among all creatures: man and woman are created in the image of God (Genesis 1:27). On the one hand, this means that man is a fully-fledged "counterpart" for God who can respond to God's address. ("Little less than God - so you created man." Psalm 8: 6). On the other hand, being in the image of God means that man should rule over the world like a representative or representative of God on earth (Genesis 1:28). This does not mean, however, that he may exploit or oppress the world, but that he should care for it like a good king for his country or a shepherd for his flock. Nevertheless, people also remain dependent on God's constant care.
With regard to God, the special closeness between God and man is also the reason why the Bible can speak of him in a very human way: he is attributed body parts such as eyes, ears, mouth, hand and arm or feelings such as love and anger.
In the book of Isaiah speaking about the Creator is closely connected with God's saving act. First of all, it is about the liberation of the people of Israel from exile: The power of the Creator, which is experienced anew every day, can strengthen trust that God can and will save his people from exile (Isaiah 40:12 -26 Isaiah 44: 24-28). At the same time, it is emphasized that God, as the Creator of the people of Israel, always remains turned to his people, helps and stands by them so that they do not need to fear (Isaiah 43: 1-7 Isaiah 44: 2). Ultimately, God creates the new salvation, which also includes nature's new becoming (Isaiah 40: 2-3, Isaiah 40: 9-10, Isaiah 43: 19-20).
The New Testament largely adopts the Old Testament ideas of the Creator and creation. Here, as there, it is God's Word that creates and sustains the world (John 1: 1-2; Hebrews 1: 3), and man is the image of his Creator (1 Corinthians 11: 7). At the same time, however, the New Testament connects the conception of creation with JesusChrist and thus opens up a new horizon of interpretation: When the reign of God begins with Jesus, the will of God with his creation comes to its goal (Matthew 6: 30-33; Mark 10: 2 -9). According to the Gospel of John (John 1: 1-13) and the epistles of Paul, Christ was already at work at creation (1 Corinthians 8: 6; Colossians 1: 16-17; Hebrews 1: 2) and will at the end of time about the Rule creation (Colossians 1: 18-20; Hebrews 1: 3). If someone belongs to Christ, he already belongs to the new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17), even if its completion in a new heaven and a new earth (Revelation 21: 1-5) is still pending.
- Which shows that a person is spiritual
- Are Christians mean to Mormons
- What is meant by the ex-dividend date
- Does the Jeopardy theme song have lyrics
- What is the cheapest side for clothes
- Royal families today are like inbreeding
- What is East Coast American Culture
- Nobody cares anymore
- Slipknot members practice satanism
- ETHZ is really very difficult
- Which ideas can help to found a company
- Should we learn Bhagwaad Geeta in school
- How are Keltner channels calculated
- Why are most players atheists
- How many people suffer from superstition
- Why was Halo such a big franchise
- Which sweets start with the letter V.
- Can someone share roast mushroom recipe
- Taylor Swift was an American idol winner
- How do I get good friends
- Who are the husbands left behind?
- Can we do b tech from JNU
- What is unique about pet owners
- What do you think of Prince Harry
- Under which mortal sin falls lies lying
- Where were slaves held in high esteem
- What should you NEVER do in Stockholm
- Why don't Iyengars worship Lord Shiva
- Are we alone 9
- How much modern India is modern
- Beethoven was autistic
- Roving listening devices arent unconstitutional
- What is a double landlocked country
- How good is Cardiff Metropolitan University UK