Why there is a power deficit in India
This textbook deals with the theoretical background of migration phenomena as well as the current research fields of migration studies. It systematically presents the classical and contemporary theories of the sociology of migration and thus provides an overview of the broad spectrum of different research approaches.
The main topics are, for example, the classics of migration sociology about the alien, assimilation-oriented cycle models, pluralistic approaches and migration system theory. Contemporary approaches such as transnationalism theory or network theory are also presented. Important research fields in the sociology of migration - work and the labor market, education, integration, flight, irregular migrations, or the feminization of migration - will then be examined. In addition, global migration phenomena, international migration flows and future migration trends (e.g. climate flight) are considered. Finally, the focus is on the interdisciplinary nature of migration research.
- classical and contemporary theories of migration sociology
- Research fields in the sociology of migration
- global migration flows
- Migration trends
- Interdisciplinarity of migration research
The target groups
The textbook is aimed at social, economic, cultural and migration scientists.
Dr. Petra Aigner is assistant professor at the Institute for Sociology at Johannes Kepler University Linz. She studied in the UK and Ireland and received her PhD from Trinity College Dublin, Ireland.
Authors and affiliations
- 1. Johannes-Kepler University LinzLinzAustria
About the authors
- Book TitleMigration Sociology
- Book Subtitle An introduction
- AuthorsPetra Aigner
- Series TitleStudy Scripts in Sociology
- Series Abbreviated TitleStudy Scripts in Sociology
- DOIhttps: //doi.org/10.1007/978-3-531-18999-4
- Copyright InformationSpringer Fachmedien Wiesbaden GmbH2017
- Publisher NameSpringer VS, Wiesbaden
- eBook Packages Social Science and Law (German Language)
- Softcover ISBN978-3-531-18271-1
- eBook ISBN978-3-531-18999-4
- Edition Number1
- Number of PagesVIII, 194
- Number of Illustrations4 b / w illustrations, 0 illustrations in color
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Is life all about money and relationships?
- Speak Nepali Hindi
- Why should South India separate from India
- Tajikistan and Pakistan share a border
- What is the best church in Indianapolis
- Why do historians write history
- Does life really have a purpose?
- What are some famous chefs
- What is the best biography of Beethoven
- What are the best prison documentaries
- Avoid United Airlines
- Hides ISKCON non-Hindus from Hindus
- What is unacceptable behavior
- How do you clean up a room
- What is the goal of ABVP
- Is Europe the smallest continent
- Which is Japan's largest nuclear power plant
- What color shirt goes with brown pants
- Vijay Mallya is innocent
- What is the first night's procedure
- Why aren't more houses built on the water?
- What are Quentin Tarantino's 9 films
- What is special about an IIT
- How many Germans were responsible for National Socialism?
- What can I learn from my classmates
- Bihar has its own culture
- ISRO India's NASA
- What is an AQSIQ certificate
- What makes a watch timeless
- Why is Mangalore growing faster than Karwar
- Can the impeachment remove the president
- Why search engine Bing is not popular
- Why is the vulnerability so nasty
- Destroyed the Halo franchise at 343 Industries