Why was Love Simon banned in India
Indian variant: Indian variant has been in Switzerland since the end of March
The Federal Office of Public Health has commented more precisely on the Indian coronavirus mutant, which has now also appeared in Switzerland: The sample of the infected person comes from the canton of Solothurn.
The Indian coronavirus variant first appeared in Switzerland.
According to the FOPH, the infected person's sample comes from the canton of Solothurn.
Germany has also reacted and restricted entry from India.
The Federal Office of Public Health (FOPH) has commented on the Indian coronavirus mutant, which has now also found its way to Switzerland. The sample of the infected person came from the end of March and was from the canton of Solothurn. It is a person who entered Switzerland via a European transit airport.
It will now be decided “as soon as possible” whether the list with the risk countries should be updated or not. The reason why India might end up on the list is the rapid spread of the corona mutant in the country. India is also already on the SEM list. That means that only Swiss citizens or people with a residence permit are allowed to enter from India.
How the Indian variant affects the transferability of the virus is also still unclear, says the BAG.
Germany stops entry from India
In Germany, an extensive entry ban for people from India will apply from Monday. The German Press Agency (DPA) learned this from government circles on Saturday. There are exceptions for Germans and foreigners who stay in Germany permanently. However, they too must show a negative corona test before entering the country and go into quarantine after arrival.
A few hours before the decision, Manfred Weber, the leader of the Evangelical People's Party in the European Parliament, called for air traffic with India to be suspended. "The Indian double variant seems to be spreading quickly and the situation there is threatening to get out of control," he warned.
In order not to endanger the vaccination campaign, travel to India must be significantly restricted, the Funke media group quotes Germany's Federal Health Minister Jens Spahn. According to the DPA, Chancellor Angela Merkel also intervened. You have called to be careful. Germany classified India as a high-risk area on Friday, but not as a virus variant area.
The rules for virus variant areas are strict in Germany: Entrants must be in quarantine for 14 days without the possibility of shortening the time. Airlines are also not allowed to carry certain groups of people from these regions. This usually means that only a few flights are offered.
In India, the corona situation is getting worse: On Saturday, a new high was reached with 2,624 deaths within 24 hours, according to the authorities. The central government was meanwhile trying to supply the completely overloaded hospitals with additional oxygen for artificial ventilation of Covid-19 patients. More than 340,000 new infections were reported on Saturday.
- Can a ship warp while moving?
- Indicates GPA intelligence
- How exactly do the moon reflectors work
- Intelligent people have messy thoughts
- Who is the father of Rajiv Gandhi
- Who are the GSB Goud Saraswat Brahmins
- Which book did Hermione die
- Were the Confederate States fascist?
- What is special about the HEVC H265
- Is it difficult to live in Moscow Russia
- How is a flight overbooked?
- What are the callsigns of the military alphabet
- Is Donald Trump really rich
- What are the slogans for anarchism
- Will India ever attack a country?
- How important is Chinese spelling
- Why is the Netherlands not called Dutchland?
- Is Quikr trustworthy
- Why are some people self-destructive
- What does Ruble Bengali mean
- What is the teaching of the Church of Christ
- Is it healthy to read while eating?
- Issues a GST invoice to Flipkart
- Which luxury car do you own