How common is Asperger's Disorder
For adults suspected of having Asperger's Syndrome, there are special questionnaires for further diagnosis, including the “Adult Asperger Assessment (AAA)” or the “Autism Spectrum Quotient (AQ)”. The doctor will also speak to the family in order to be able to better assess the symptoms and behavior of the person concerned in everyday life. During the clinical examinations, the doctor also pays attention to typical Asperger's signs such as
- monotonous, but grammatically very sophisticated and detail-oriented language.
- Patient does not respond to smiles. The facial expressions are often not very pronounced and sometimes seem almost frozen.
- the person concerned does not pay attention to the instructions of the doctor at the beginning.
- Smiles, funny comments etc. are answered or not understood by the patient.
Adults with Asperger's Syndrome often have few social contacts, they live withdrawn and often communicate via Asperger's Internet forums, since facial expressions, gestures and language colors are irrelevant and the forum members all use a similar way of expression.
Although some of those affected succeed in starting a family, partnerships are usually rather difficult. Due to the reduced ability to empathize, contact with a potential partner does not even come about. Living in a sexual relationship with Asperger's Syndrome is also complicated. On the one hand, because sexual contacts require a certain degree of emotionality and intimacy. On the other hand, because those affected often have no need for it or even reject sexual contact.
In their job, however, there are definitely Asperger's patients who are very successful due to and within the scope of their island talents and special interests. Others, on the other hand, quickly feel overwhelmed with their colleagues and the demands of professional life.
- What are military issues
- What Makes Chinese Math Classes So Good
- Are you proud to be a bhakt
- Are you an Ismaili Muslim
- Will my girlfriend get pregnant 1
- Can an enabler become a narcissist
- What is the theme of Ghostbusters 1984
- Why do people hate Trump
- What happens to undeserved airline food
- What does a private flight cost
- How do I visualize multidimensional arrays
- Why don't socialists like liberals?
- Is incel a gender-neutral term
- According to Christianity, there is fate
- What causes moods
- Should I rely on other people
- Why isn't Apple buying Spotify
- What strategy has Nixon chosen for Vietnam?
- What are the Symptoms of Chronic Asthma
- Is EDF a Modi hater
- Should I learn Hindi or Arabic?
- Why are 50 dollar bills unlucky?
- Why is ultraviolet radiation considered harmful
- Which whitening eye drops are safe