Is fantasy and masturbation acceptable in Islam
Mom blog -
Asexuals often encounter incomprehension and have to justify themselves. Image: Raisa Durandi
Nobody speaks of asexuality. How come And wouldn't it be important to establish asexuality just as it is finally happening with homosexuality?
Asexuality is indeed a major taboo. There are many reasons for this. On the one hand, it is still a little-researched phenomenon that has only received increasing attention within the scientific community in recent years. That is why it is difficult to do educational work here. In addition, it contradicts the hypersexualized ethos of our society today. In a social structure in which sex is so glorified, it is difficult, especially for those affected, to make themselves heard and accepted.
The definitions of what exactly is asexuality vary. Basically, asexuality refers to the absence of sexual attraction or lack of desire to have sex. The experts disagree as to whether this is a sexual orientation or an extreme form of listlessness. The latter, however, contradicts the fact that those affected do not suffer from reduced sexual desire and do not see it as a problem in need of treatment. It is a distinct form of sexual abstinence that, in contrast to the conscious decision to abstain from sex, is an intrinsic part of a person. Statistical surveys on dissemination are very rare. In a large-scale British study, however, around 1 percent said that “they have never felt sexually attracted to anyone”. Studies on the possible reasons are similarly sparse. The currently postulated theories make use of psychosocial explanatory models such as sex-related shame or fear, previous abuse or biological factors such as prenatal hormone exposure. In my opinion, however, these hypotheses are premature and should be interpreted with caution.
Contrary to popular belief, many asexuals still have sex; not for pleasure, but for other reasons. But honestly. This is often the case with non-asexuals. Sex to create closeness and intimacy, to please the partner or to reproduce is not uncommon - this is also the case with asexuals. The need for emotional closeness and attachment is just as often present, but it also varies within the asexual community. Some prefer to be alone or just want to date, while others long for deep, lasting relationships - which unfortunately is often not easy to find when sex is missing. In addition to clarifying that it is not a misinterpreted listlessness due to an illness or drug side effects, the focus for me is on strengthening those affected. Reduce the level of suffering that those affected suffer due to marginalization and strengthen them in their being, because asexuals often encounter incomprehension and have to justify not wanting something “so beautiful and natural”.
Sexologist Andrea Burri answers a reader question on the subject of sexuality and love on Fridays. This will be treated confidentially and published without naming any name. Write to us at [email protected]
- Why is population education a multidisciplinary subject
- What does Twiiter
- How will a libertarian society prevent cartelization
- What is gender equality like
- We are INTJs as friends
- How has APICS certification helped you
- What is the greatest truth for you
- Do people underestimate you
- How do I read a part index
- How can intelligent people be biased
- What do Australians think of Indians 1
- Declares war on India on Bangladesh
- Why do we have to manage garbage
- Define aukat What does that really mean
- Why shouldn't someone's students expand?
- What song is this video
- Which Tamil actress has the best navel
- How do I get citizenship in France
- Why is Pakistani television so patriotic
- Has anyone ever seen Marshmello's face
- Why don't people care about losers
- Can I sell my selfie photos?
- How do I start a freelance recruiter
- How can i learn basic chemistry
- Why do countries use drone attacks?
- Hitting a head can cause a brain aneurysm
- What is the theme of Ghostbusters 1984
- Which gemstones are good for studies
- Tibetan is a dying language
- Papua New Guinea is between Australia
- Why should we celebrate National Mathematics Day
- Why were the ancient Egyptians so slim
- Are Koreans of Tamil descendants