What are renewable and non-renewable resources
Non-renewable raw material
Non-renewable raw materials are substances whose formation does not take place in human, but in geological or astronomical time periods. Any use of such raw materials that cannot be reversed through recycling contradicts the principle of ecological sustainability.
This includes all mineral raw materials, i.e. inorganic raw materials that occur naturally as part of the earth's crust or mantle. There are three groups of mineral raw materials.
Rocks / sediments
Rocks or sediments are e.g. clay, sand, gravel, graphite, asbestos and diamond. They are particularly important in terms of quantity in building construction and civil engineering.
Salts such as potash, phosphates or rock salt are often used in the food and chemical industries.
Metallic raw materials
Ores are the most important mineral raw materials. Iron, aluminum and steel (as a product of iron and steel refiners) form the basic raw materials in mechanical engineering, shipbuilding and automobile construction. Precious metals such as gold, silver or platinum are not only crucial for the jewelry industry, but together with copper, tin and semiconductors form the basis of the electrical industry and electronics. Energy is generated from uranium in nuclear power plants.
Fossil raw materials
Fossil raw materials are all raw materials derived from organic material. These include coal, oil and natural gas. They are used as fuel in power plants, vehicles and aircraft and as a starting material for the chemical industry.
Category: raw material
- What screams, I'm pseudo-intellectual
- What is meant by enlargement of the eyes
- Why are people so arrogant
- Should google buy apple
- Can you learn Java in 1 month
- What makes you smile for no reason
- How old is Batista's last name
- How can I identify my nationality identity
- Should fit bedside tables
- Who conquered North America
- What are some famous Malayalam folklore
- What makes someone worldly
- What fears your own shadow
- Liberals What do you love about America
- Who wrote Lalitha Sahasranamam
- Who are China's friends 1
- Why don't people like arrogant people
- What is Sindhi or Sindhudesh nationalism
- Provides Infosys transportation in Trivandrum
- Did Mahabharata really happen?
- Can adults benefit from playing with LEGOs?
- What makes you such a failure
- Is LTTE Tamil Tigers comparable to Hamas
- Why we use Web Api