How can we define male chauvinism
Placeholder Lexicon C yellow (& copy Stefan Eling)
Rejection of other nations"Chauvinism" is an extreme form of patriotism or nationalism. What is meant is an exaggerated form of pride in one's own country. Associated with this pride is the rejection of other nationalities. They are seen as unequal and unrighteous, or even worthless. In the past, chauvinist movements often grew out of feelings of inferiority towards other nations. Today in politics one speaks of "nationalist" rather than "chauvinist" groups.
Chauvinists against womenOne often hears about male chauvinism as well. This means an attitude that is directed against the equality and equal rights of women in the public as well as in the private sector. "Chauvinists" or "Chauvis" for short are men who think they are superior to women. Chauvinists believe that they have more privileges than women, that they are overall more important than women. Another word for it is "machismo". On the one hand, this male chauvinism is stupid because it has no justification. On the other hand, it is untenable because in Germany men and women have unrestricted equal rights. Chauvinism is therefore out of place in a democratic society.
Origin of the wordThe word is derived from the name of a soldier who served under the French Emperor Napoleon.
Source: Gerd Schneider / Christiane Toyka-Seid: The young politics encyclopedia from www.hanisauland.de, Bonn: Federal Agency for Civic Education 2021.
- What health problems can anxiety cause?
- How did you stop being a hoarder
- Are motorcycles safer than you think
- Why do people like superhero films
- What do propaganda posters look like today?
- How did Mamata Banerjee develop West Bengal
- What are accumulated dividends
- Who murdered Robin Williams
- What if Adolf Hitler were to be resurrected?
- Why did ancient civilizations stop sacrificing people
- How do psychopaths feel about their condition
- Farmers sell their crops to dealers
- Should I leave my addicted friend
- How do Kashmiri Muslims feel?
- What is South Dakota best known for
- How do I build a courageous personality
- Who is the most complete superhero
- Why do people bother me
- Pakistani Hindus love their country
- Are Sri Lankan Muslims at Risk?
- What is an AQSIQ certificate
- What will be the downfall of Neuralink
- Communists were drafted for the Vietnam War
- Birds grow back feathers