What is a big government
Change of government without political change? A comparison of the economic policy room for maneuver of the Kohl government, a Schröder government, a grand coalition and an SPD sole government
With the outcome of the Bundestag election on September 27, 1998, the question arises as to what options the various government alternatives will have for reducing the reform backlog. The answer to this question is the economic policy scope of the four 'realistic' government alternatives - the CDU / CSU-FDP government Kohl, an SPD alliance 90 / The Greens government Schröder, an SPD-CDU / CSU grand coalition and an SPD sole government - to compare. With the help of the action interval model, the scope for action is measured from the interaction of the respective government-political agenda-setter, the institutional specifications for the approval and objection legislation, the political ideas of the legislative actors and the situation of the status quo. Compared to the Kohl government, whose room for maneuver is reduced, especially in the approval legislation, there are no differences between the two procedures for a Schröder government. An SPD sole government could even govern without restrictions, while a grand coalition would have the least scope for action in both proceedings. Finally, the comparison shows that neither party politicization nor institutional guidelines increase the risk of blockade in legislation.
- How do Azerbaijanis feel about the Turkish people?
- How is the Nifty calculated
- Can people be purely selfless
- Which objects bring back memories?
- Which flags does the Union Jack belong to?
- What is the English word for conjal
- In which countries is hunting legal?
- Why is tourism called industry
- What should a traveler visiting Moscow know?
- What if music never existed?
- Why did Kulbhushan confess to Jadhav
- Is cataract a disease
- Why is Salesforce important
- Why do people wear pearl bracelets
- Who are the ASEAN free trade partners
- Why is Russian literature so popular
- Are Korean series better than English
- Is Quora intellectual popcorn
- How clever are deers
- What are some open questions
- What if the British never colonized America?
- How was Taiwan sinized
- What does blurry face mean
- Why do Tongans hate Samoans