How strong is Hamas
Israeli soldiers fought bloody street fights with Palestinian militants in Gaza City. Their advance into the Tel Hawwa district was the deepest ever into the heart of the densely populated city. The offensive in the Gaza Strip has obviously affected the radical Islamic Hamas noticeably.
Hamas doesn't speak
more with one voice
The first cracks are showing in the top leadership of Hamas. She no longer speaks with one voice. Hamas headquarters in Damascus wants their men to continue fighting in the Gaza Strip. In contrast, local Hamas leaders in Gaza and most civilians see a ceasefire as a straw of salvation. According to Israeli intelligence services, Hamas has suffered severe blows, but is not yet ready to throw in the towel.
Hamas fires less
Missiles aimed at Israel
The intelligence chiefs reported to the government what they knew about Hamas. After that, militants fire fewer missiles at Israel than expected. At the start of the offensive, Hamas fired up to 80 rockets a day at Israel; there are now “only” around 20. Reasons for this include the death and injury of militants as well as the destruction of weapons stores and smugglers' tunnels under the border with Egypt. Army intelligence chief Amos Jadlin warned that Hamas still had enough potential to harm Israel.
Hamas is prepared
for a house-to-house fight
Hamas is said to have a good 16,500 well-trained soldiers under arms. Your mini army is trained in city and street fighting. Snipers and suicide bombers are already waiting. Even before the fighting began on December 27, there was speculation about the deadly traps of Hamas. Much of it has happened. The Israeli army showed footage of a school that had been fitted with a 200 kilogram prepared explosives trap. The fact that only nine Israeli soldiers have been killed so far is mainly due to the fact that the army has not yet advanced into the densely populated refugee camps.
Hamas has almost everyone
Second resident behind
Not even half of the 1.5 million Palestinians in the Gaza Strip are Hamas members or sympathizers. In view of the bloodshed, the larger half are increasingly allergic to the harassment from Damascus. "Those who can't stand Hamas say that Hamas doesn't care about the people, that it is more concerned with money and power, and that Hamas is therefore ready to fight to the last drop of blood," says one man who refuses to give his name for fear of revenge later. Because even opponents of Hamas do not believe that one can get rid of the movement that belongs to the worldwide Muslim Brotherhood. “If you want to eradicate Hamas, you have to kill almost half a million people. That's a joke, "says the man.
Hamas leadership loses
Influence on militants
Hamas leaders in Gaza are apparently losing control of the militant wing. Its leaders have been in hiding for 17 days. Israel suspects them in a bunker under the Schifa hospital or in empty diplomatic missions. “Fear is the last thing Hamas thinks about. We only fear God and not Israel, ”said Hamas MP Mushir al-Masri. When asked why he was hiding, he replied: "We have received an order from Allah to hide so that the enemy does not get a simple meal." (Dpa / AP)
- Is there anything positive about Pakistan?
- Can hypothyroidism ever be completely cured
- What is your favorite C.
- Which plants grow in Schlickboden
- In which country is the international airport Klagenfurt located?
- Where does Chrome save previous sessions?
- When did Britain colonize India?
- Can win bjp in Punjab and UP
- Evil actions can coexist with good intentions
- What is the Optimal Term for Car Loans
- Seize drones at Indian airports
- Is jeevansathi com better than Shaadi com
- Which classical composer had the best name
- How does Norwegian sound to foreigners?
- What was the ultimate goal of Count Dookus
- What makes a woman curvy
- What famous people died of sexually transmitted diseases
- Homeopathic treatment cures trigeminal neuralgia
- What should a trader know about ICO
- Why does Japan love Germany so much
- What is an ultrafast circuit breaker
- Why didn't the east colonize Australia?
- Is Kheerganga Trek open
- Can an enabler become a narcissist