Backs up iCloud Apps data
What does the iCloud backup do?
The iCloud backup provides you with copies of the data on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
The iCloud backup includes the following
- App data
- Apple Watch backups1
- Device settings
- Home screen and arrangement of apps
- iMessage, text messaging (SMS) and MMS messages2
- Photos and videos on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch2
- Shopping statistics for Apple services like your music, movies, TV shows, apps and books3
- Password for Visual Voicemail (this requires the SIM card that was used when the backup was performed)
Your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch backups only contain information and settings that are stored on your device. They don't contain any information that's already stored in iCloud, such as: B. Contacts, Calendar, Bookmarks, Notes, Reminders, and Voice Memos4, Messages in iCloud, iCloud Photos, and Shared Photos. Some information is not in an iCloud backup, but it can be added to iCloud and shared between multiple devices. This data includes, for example, mail, health data, call history and files that you save in iCloud Drive.
1. If you're using an Apple Watch with a family configuration, your Apple Watch is not included in the backup of an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
2. If you use Messages in iCloud or have iCloud Photos turned on, your content is automatically saved in iCloud. Therefore, they are not included in your iCloud backup.
3. Your iCloud backup contains data about purchased content, but not the purchased content itself. When you restore the data from an iCloud backup, your purchased content is automatically reloaded from the iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store. Some content types do not automatically load in all countries or regions. Purchased items may no longer be available if you received a refund for them or if they are no longer available in the appropriate store. Find out what to reload and buy in your country or region.
4. If you are using iOS 11 or earlier, voice memos are included in the iCloud backup.
The iCloud backup creates a copy of the data on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. If your device is backed up in iCloud, you can easily set up a new device or restore the data to an existing device. If you'd like iCloud to automatically backup your device, follow these steps.
If you turn off iCloud backup or stop using it, your most recent backup will be saved for 180 days.
Use iCloud backup
- Go to Settings> [your name]> iCloud> iCloud Backup, then make sure iCloud Backup is turned on. If you're using iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings> iCloud> Backup.
- Connect the device to a power source.
- Connect the device to a WiFi network.
- Make sure your device's screen is locked.
- Make sure you have enough free iCloud storage for the backup.
When you set up iCloud, you automatically get 5 GB of free storage space. You can use this storage for your iCloud backups, for storing photos and videos in iCloud Photos, and for keeping your documents up to date in iCloud Drive. Depending on the size of your backup and the amount of content saved in iCloud, the free space may not be enough. You can buy more iCloud storage or delete content.
- What music do you listen to 3
- What is this TFL employee measuring
- Retrograde planets mean they are affected
- Who orchestrated Chopiniana
- Is Sathya Sai Baba God
- What are the two oceans around Australia
- Who has the greatest personality in India
- What will MS Dhoni do after retirement
- What were the biggest mistakes in history
- A ferry is a boat
- How is a denominational church structured?
- How to Stop a Slippery Slope
- Which news sites are reliable 1
- Why should everyone believe in climate change
- What do Malaysian people think of Telugus
- What is a test
- Are liberals for free speech
- What do international relations include
- Is Catalonia now an independent state
- Might buy Apple Google
- How do you see protected Twitter accounts
- Are shareholders responsible for corporate debt?
- Hypnosis can be dangerous
- What is a surgical knot
- Who usually calls babies in your country
- What is an anarcho-syndicalist
- What is UPSC
- Should be a 13 year old lifting weights
- What is light blue plus light yellow
- Do doctors do an eye transplant?
- How fast can you heal leaky gut
- How to settle in your hometown
- Why do Marwadi hate Odias