People really like coffee that hot
The myth of coffee: how many cups are healthy? That's what scientists say
English researchers have viewed a good 200 studies and compiled the effects of coffee on our organism. What are the health benefits of coffee and what to consider.
Coffee studies are now like beans in a pack - they usually provide new insights into the positive effects of this stimulant. Certainly, in many of these studies, the donors come from those branches of the economy that do good business with the brown bean trade.
But there are also studies that have been independently financed by the industry. In December 2017, English researchers published the results of 201 such overview studies in the renowned "British Medical Journal".
Coffee lowers the risk of cancer
Coffee consumption is much more likely to be associated with health benefits than it is with harm. The greatest positive effect is achieved by people who drink three to four cups of coffee a day compared to those who do not drink any coffee at all. Coffee drinkers were able to reduce their risk of certain diseases the most significantly.
This also has an impact on the risk of cancer: the probability of heavy drinkers developing cancer is 18 percent lower than that of infrequent drinkers. This applies to certain types of cancer, including prostate cancer, leukemia and liver cancer.
A higher coffee consumption is also associated with a lower risk of Parkinson's, Alzheimer's and depression. The liver and metabolism also benefit: for example, the risk of liver cirrhosis is significantly lower. Coffee drinkers are also less likely to develop type 2 diabetes.
Coffee: 19 positive effects on health
A woman drinks coffee: The consumption of coffee has many effects on our organism. (Source: flyparade / Getty Images)
There were a total of 19 positive effects on health. In contrast, there were only six negative effects. Above all, the risk of cardiovascular diseases, such as heart attacks and strokes, is reduced by drinking coffee.
And what's even more surprising, according to the results, coffee has no effect on people with high blood pressure. They can therefore drink coffee without hesitation. In general, coffee consumption does not seem to affect blood pressure. For a long time this was propagated differently.
Not everyone can take coffee
But not everyone can tolerate coffee, among other things because of the caffeine it contains. This includes pregnant women because the caffeine crosses the placenta. However, the fetus is not yet able to break down this substance. If they drink more coffee, their children usually have a lower birth weight. A cup of coffee a day is considered safe for pregnant women. If you want to be on the safe side, you should drink decaffeinated coffee.
Anyone who subjectively notices that they do not tolerate coffee well, for example because they have a racing heart or stomach pain, should of course not listen to studies, but should rather go without their body and coffee.
What makes coffee so healthy?
According to the UK study, "Roasted coffee is a complex blend of over 1,000 bioactive compounds with potential therapeutic, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer effects." According to the study authors, the most important active ingredients include caffeine as well as other natural chemical compounds - for example from caffeic acid.
But every person processes the substances differently. This is genetically determined and also depends on the individual intestinal flora, i.e. the composition of the bacteria in the large intestine.
What happens if you drink more than three to four cups?
According to the authors of the study, not much happens with more coffee: "An increase in consumption to more than three cups a day was not associated with harm, but the beneficial effect was less pronounced."
In this respect, three to four cups actually seem to be the ideal daily ration for most people.
more on the subject
- High blood pressure,
- Intestinal flora,
- Cardiovascular diseases,
- Everyday knowledge,
- Cancer risk,
- Stomach pain,
- Prostate cancer,
- Cirrhosis of the liver,
- Liver cancer,
- What do non-Brahmins like about Brahmins
- Which state in India speaks pure Hindi
- Did you study astrophysics?
- Why do I feel uncomfortable with breasts?
- Is there any good information about neurofeedback
- Why is Ecuador forgotten
- How is China reducing its air pollution
- Why do metals conduct heat well?
- What is happening in Bhutan
- What is the mentality of a gangster
- Who is the owner of the Tamilrockers website
- Why didn't the dragons kill Tyrion?
- What is a democratic system of government
- The 2000s were like the 90s
- Which is the best diesel car 1
- We could make a friendship
- What constitutes bad action
- Why does Snapchat react so little
- What are today's global problems
- What's your favorite milkshake flavor
- How does poverty challenge a democratic system
- Who are Bulgaria's allies and enemies
- Do you have friends
- What does linear mean in linear algebra
- What's your 20th century American sitcom
- Who invented 5g network
- Why is carbon dioxide solid
- Are your parents still friends after the divorce?
- Why does western democracy fail
- Why do Indian Tamils hate Rajapaksha
- What if nobody cares
- How to Download Korean Dramas Faster
- How many more tigers are there in India?