What causes Japan's low birth rate
Japan's population is shrinking rapidly
That the number of Japanese people is falling is not a big surprise. The population decline began ten years ago and has continued ever since. But now the Far Eastern country is setting a new record. According to the government, there are currently over 433,000 fewer Japanese people living in Japan than in the previous year. This is the sharpest decline since such data was recorded in 1968. For the first time, the number of people living in Tokyo, Nagoya and Osaka, the country's three most populous areas, also fell.
The number of births fell to 921,000 last year. This was the third year in a row that fewer than a million babies were born in Japan. One reason for this is that young Japanese people are getting married later and later and are postponing the birth of their first child.
So far no comprehensive immigration policy
In addition: As things stand today, Japan has the largest proportion of over 64-year-olds worldwide at 28 percent. In some economic sectors there is already an acute shortage of workers, which is now to be dampened by a limited intake of foreign guest workers. So far, the government in Tokyo has not been able to bring itself to a comprehensive immigration policy.
The population is aging all over the world. While today just under one in ten people on earth is 65 years of age or older, by 2050 it will be one in six. This was announced by the German Federal Institute for Population Research (BiB). In Latin America and Asia in particular, it is estimated that the proportion of old people will increase. There it will more than double from the current nine percent by 2050, announced the BiB.
mir / hk (dpa, kna, Japan Times)
- How successful was Steve Irwin
- How do you use acrylic paint properly?
- Diamond knives are viable possible
- Why do politicians hold concessional speeches
- How can I remove my bulbous nose?
- Why is Kannada film industry called sandalwood
- Should google buy apple
- What is the importance of politicians
- People have always been at war
- Have you already found luck?
- Why is augmented virtual reality booming
- What's the Most Romantic BTS Song
- Is Buddhism against scientific attitudes
- What is the English word for conjal
- What do you do with old candles
- What makes expensive vodka worth the price
- What are some examples of social order
- If 8 x 4 what is x
- May cause muscle pain osteoporosis
- Who were the first celebrities
- How did you come up with a Sanskrit name
- What are the best virtual reality websites
- What are some good salary calculators
- Can you survive an avalanche?