What is HTML 6
Create headings in HTML with h1, h2 to h6 - structure texts
The HTML commands, bis for headings represent the most basic structuring options in addition to the paragraphs () for texts. A text is neatly structured through the use of the different heading grades.
The text is structured and structured using headings. As in a technical book, different hierarchies (importance) of headings are possible, e.g. chapter headings, section headings, etc.
It is important to use the headings correctly! If we now imagine the individual HTML page like a book, the book has a title on the cover - comparable to the main heading on the HTML page. This occurs only once per HTML single page (which book has more than one title?). The text is structured by the different heading grades. After the main heading comes a sub-heading, and then a sub-chapter of.
Negative example heading order: One often sees the mistake on websites that funny jumps are made between the headings without logic. Sometimes the completely missing - that must not be the case - every HTML page has exactly one.
Sometimes you can see jumps - after using, the follows immediately. That mustn't be the case either! Headings are for logical structuring. The fact that some “home page builders” make these jumps is because they commit such “sins” because of the size of the issue. But here, too, the following sentence applies: Design is always made using CSS - i.e. using CSS, the output size of the headline is determined later.
Memorizing these TAGs is neither wrong nor difficult.
Use headings in HTML
How is the HTML TAG used for headings? As we have already seen with paragraphs, the corresponding HTML TAGs are packed around the text that represents the heading.
The HTML commands to are used for headings. The h stands for the English. "Header" = heading. The number represents the importance of the heading. So there are up to 6 levels for headings (the number of levels is usually not required for novels - but this can certainly happen for scientific papers).
- 1 is the largest and most important and should only appear once per HTML page
- 6 the smallest and therefore least important (but still more important than normal text)
In the following source code, all 6 headings are below each other, which is unusual in reality. After a heading there is usually a paragraph (if not more). But the example should also show the appearance of the headings so far without a design.
After the heading (end TAG) there is an automatic break and a space to the next element.
The output in the browser looks like this:
Negative example: The thought of packing a heading within a paragraph is wrong!
This is wrong - either you make a paragraph or you make a headline!
Note on the sizes of the headings
The sizes of the individual headings are relative to each other. Depending on the browser, these can be different (see Relativity at http://www.html-seminar.de/relativitaet.htm). Some of the less important headings are smaller than the normal text. This is OK and can be changed via CSS if desired.
Exercise: HTML page with headings and paragraphs
Create the following HTML page: index.htm
Enter the following text exactly in the text editor Notepad (or other simple text editor). Please also include the spaces and the breaks
Add headings and paragraphs to the text
The structure of the text is:
- 1st order heading: Sincerely ...
- Paragraph: Find here ...
- Heading 2nd order: My hobbies
- Paragraph: are so numerous ...
- Paragraph: Your Mustermann
After entering, save the file under the name "index.htm“(Everything about filenames comes in the chapter filenames.htm). View in an Internet browser (e.g. Internet Explorer or Firefox)
In the following chapter you can see the solution to the exercise “HTML page with headings and paragraphs”.
Recommend • Social Bookmarks • Thank you
If you find a bug, please let us know (no matter if typographical or content-related error)
With a mouse Mark the faulty point and take over with the following button:
- Why does electrical engineering suck
- How do I join the Catholic Church
- How patriotic are South Koreans
- What is the importance of phospholipids
- When is Diwali 2016
- Big Boss India is a scripted show
- What's wrong with the Indian Liberals
- How does the protection against identity theft work
- Why should I be a Marxist?
- How can we define male chauvinism
- Is there any good information about neurofeedback
- How are print media successful?
- Is Cadbury real chocolate
- What if New England were a country
- Is Logan Paul gay
- Trump prepares for war
- How do you not get self-centered
- Is it human nature to be compassionate?
- Obama was anti-Semite
- What are the best open source CPUs
- Where do we get the UPSC curriculum from
- What is the use of MongoDB
- What is the opposite of fiscally conservative
- How are people legally encouraged