Might Cure CRISPR Addiction
Gene scissors in a medical emergency: CRISPR allegedly cures blood diseases for the first time
According to reports in the medical magazine “Stat”, medical professionals achieved success in early clinical tests with the CRISPR-Cas9 gene scissors. The first results suggest that after the first treatment phases, two patients - including a woman from Germany - have not shown any symptoms of their genetic disease for a few months. The patients had had beta thalassemia and sickle cell anemia, both diseases caused by minor DNA base errors that affect blood cells. Such diseases are most likely predestined to be specifically corrected in humans by genetic scissors.
Little has so far been made public about the details of the experiments. "Stat" had quoted from documents intended for investors that the biotech companies Vertex Pharmaceuticals and Crispr Therapeutics had passed on. According to reports, a stem cell therapy was successful in the clinical test of the patients: The natural blood stem cells were replaced by cells modified with CRISPR-Cas9. The patients were then no longer dependent on constant blood transfusions and accompanying medication with side effects - as is usual with diseases, writes "Stat".
This article is contained in spectrum compact, gene therapy - healing directly in the genome
The details of the ongoing clinical test, which is initially planned with 45 patients, have not yet been published in a specialist journal. Gene scissors are used, which do not correct the actual pathogenic base exchange that causes beta thalassemia or sickle cell anemia. Instead, a hemoglobin gene, which is not active in adults and which otherwise only works in the human fetus before birth, is switched on. In the two apparently cured patients, this is apparently sufficient to compensate for the illness-related failure of the respiratory gas transporter in the blood.
- Why do people behave differently at parties
- Where is the happiest place in India
- Issues a GST invoice to Flipkart
- Short is height 157cm
- Who was the last adherent of Jainism
- How is life as a genius
- Synthetic vinegar is good for the skin
- What are some motivational songs for students
- What is screaming I'm from San Francisco
- How does SAP work at Deloitte
- Why isn't Putin visiting Pakistan?
- How does Tokyo compare to London?
- Why do the Amish fear modern technology
- How often does Austin TX get tornadoes
- What were the best tweet wars
- Where can I buy CBD extract preparations
- Which celebrities live the most modestly
- Why do some Iraqis hate the American people
- What are the negative points about srk
- How cheap are televisions in Singapore
- Meerkats make good pets
- Can I learn hypnosis myself
- What is half of frac 7 21
- Is it easy to hack WhatsApp
- Why is Venezuela not Marxist
- Where is scrap market in Karachi Pakistan
- What was wrong with Sushma Swaraj's health
- Why don't socialists like liberals?
- Which literary classic actually sucks
- Why are most financial traders men
- Why should we learn Java in 2020
- What is the weakness of Marxism
- How much does Turkey mean for Russia