What is the origin of religious belief
NeurobiologyThe origin of religion
There are people who believe in God - in whatever form. Researchers wonder where these religious thoughts and feelings come from.
How and where religion comes about has not yet been found out by the sciences. Both neurobiology and theology can only make hypotheses and build on them. The neurobiologist Robert-Benjamin Illing from the University of Freiburg im Breisgau takes the view that belief in one or more gods is born out of fear.
"First of all, the thought of a god is perhaps - and I suspect - just a hypothesis that we throw out into the world thanks to our cognitive heritage."
With his great possibilities, people capture their fears in myths and use them to construct religions that are supposed to help them. In addition, everything that our brain processes and interprets in terms of sensory impressions is far from true. Optical illusions are just one example.
"My thesis is that religion cannot simply be found in our genes or in our brain structures because it is based on human language and expressiveness."
Dirk Evers, a systematic theologian from Halle an der Saale adds that religion is formed within our social space in which we humans interact with language. Both speakers agree that there is no area in the brain in which religion can be proven.
- Who is an introverted Hitler or Stalin
- How do Azerbaijanis feel about the Turkish people?
- How did hello become hello
- Has anyone ever died of period pains
- Is natural art
- Why did Ashoka kill his brothers
- What is the integration of Great Britain into the European Union
- Was Chatrapati Shivaji a bad ruler
- Windows will get the Halo games
- Current music is worth listening to
- How successful was Steve Irwin
- Failing the national identity of Indonesia
- What is BJP's plan to develop India
- What are solid arguments against conservatism
- Trump thinks
- What are unjust laws
- How can intelligent people be biased
- Vladimir Putin plans to destroy America
- When should you test your blood sugar?
- Why are mosques bigger than churches?
- Is it possible to regain innocence?
- Who is the smartest current rapper
- What is ghetto test
- Do I need a transit visa 2