Who is Kuldeep Singh Sengar 1
Outrage over two rape cases
New Delhi - Two rape cases are currently shaking India and putting the party of Prime Minister Narendra Modi under massive pressure: the police reported another arrest on Sunday in the case of a member of the ruling BJP party in the state of Uttar Pradesh who is said to have abused a young person.
A woman who is accused of covering up the influential politician Kuldeep Singh Sengar has been taken into custody, investigators said. In addition, the rape and murder of an eight-year-old Muslim in India causes horror. The two cases sparked the largest protests since the gang rape of a student in New Delhi in 2012 who later succumbed to her injuries. Modi promised on Friday to hold those responsible for the two acts accountable. The Indian Minister for Women called for the death penalty.
Violent death of an eight-year-old
The MP Sengar is now in custody. He is accused of raping the now 17-year-old last June. The now arrested Shashi Singh is said to have stood guard in front of the door during the crime.
Police only opened an investigation last week after the alleged abuse victim tried to set himself on fire in front of the Uttar Pradesh Prime Minister's office. Shortly afterwards, the young woman's father died in police custody. His daughter accused the officers of torturing him.
Meanwhile, new details emerged about the eight-year-old's violent death in Jammu and Kashmir states. The Muslim girl was kidnapped in January in the Hindu-dominated Jammu region and raped by several men for five days, including in a Hindu temple. She was eventually strangled and killed with a stone. Eight suspects were arrested, including four police officers.
Resignations of two ministers of state
Two ministers of state from Modi's Hindu nationalist Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) had to resign because they had taken part in a demonstration for the accused.
Since the student's brutal group rape in New Delhi in 2012, the penalties for rapists in India have been significantly tightened. However, the number of attacks on women in the country remains high. 40,000 cases are reported annually. Rallies and vigils were organized in New Delhi, Mumbai and other parts of the country on Sunday. (APA, AFP, April 16, 2018)
- Should I wear contact lenses when traveling?
- Can we blindly trust our Indian media
- How bad is Jadavpur University ETCE
- What can cause high blood pressure
- Are the NBA stars sold out to China
- What are hollow spheres
- True friends tolerate your wrongdoings
- PM Netanyahu is a criminal
- Kills the nasal bladder brain cells
- What does ISIS think about Vietnam
- Why is everyone so afraid of Russia?
- Why did Pol Pot kill his people
- Who is your favorite newscaster
- The habit of reading books is overrated
- Is a statute-barred claim collectable
- What is a monotheistic religion
- What is the gold scheme
- What happened to Tamilnadu
- What is the best private jet company
- Which dating sites are popular in Thailand
- Are three-dimensional shadows possible
- How can I buy Vyvanse without a prescription
- Why are the Kashmiri so friendly
- How authentic is Frapp
- How is the IFSC code determined
- How will your country fall
- What are the math requirements for nursing
- Apathy is a choice
- What is a sieve
- What is democracy in action
- Why should a girl ignore you
- Why do maps use scales and symbols
- Which country is best for logistics
- Who is India's First Domestic Airline Pilot