What is the plural of cattle
How do you decline Beef in all four cases? In the singular and plural? You can read that here.
The declination of Beef in the singular
|Nominative singular||the beef|
|Genitive singular||of the beef|
|Dative singular||the beef|
|Accusative singular||the beef|
The declination of Bovine in plural
|Nominative plural||the cattle|
|Genitive plural||the cattle|
|Dative plural||the cattle|
|Accusative plural||the cattle|
Find the right caseSo now you know how the nominative, genitive, dative and accusative of Beef rightly called. Of course, that doesn't explain: When do you even use the nominative, when do you use the genitive, etc.? This is of course one of the more difficult questions in German grammar and we certainly cannot give an answer with all the details. Still, we hope this summary helps you.
Use the nominative correctly: The beef, the beefThe basic form of the noun is used for the nominative - so the form doesn't really cause any problems. However, the nominative plural is not always easy to form. In German there are many irregular plural forms and also rules according to which z. B. changes a vowel in the word (the bench => the benches). You just have to learn these rules and special cases.
No matter whether in the singular or in the plural: A word is always in the nominative if it is subject of the sentence is. This subject is asked with the question words who or What:
What's the name of "The beef"? – "The Beef" called ...
Of the cattle, the cattle: Why the genitive isn't so important.A well-known book about the German language is called “The dative is the genitive, sein Tod”. The sentence is grammatically incorrect, but shows a tendency in the German language, especially in everyday spoken language: Here, Germans often no longer use the genitive at all. Instead one hears - sometimes wrong, sometimes not quite so wrong - constructions with the dative. For example you can from the beef and not of the beef say if you have problems with the genitive form. Only in the written language should you really use the genitive.
One asks about the genitive with whose. For example like this:
Whose is that?
This is ... of the beef
The genitive is also mandatory after specific verbs. These verbs are called e.g. B. ... need (= need) or ... remember (= think of). In general, verbs that use the genitive as an object are rare. And: you sometimes read them in texts, but rarely hear them when Germans are talking to each other.
To the cattle, the cattle: Explanations on the dativeThe dative - thus: the beef - gives information about who the recipient or addressee of something is or what the goal of an action is. After this case you ask with the words whom or What. Here are a few verbs that are often used with the dative: offer, explain, lend, give, recommend, give, bring, write, send, show, wish ...
There are a few prepositions after which the dative is used in German: of the cattle, with the cattle, with the cattle.
The cattle, the cattle: When do you need the accusative?The accusative - the beef - is the case that is used for the direct object, that is, for the object of doing. One asks for objects in the accusative with the question words who or what.
Who or what am I ignoring?
I ignore the beef.
I'm interested in the beef.
I think about the beef to.
You can find more information on declension and many other topics in German grammar in the app of GERMAN PERFECT TRAINER.
- A Macbook Air 13 is worth it
- How can you trust the media
- What are the symptoms of meth withdrawal
- Which porn sites are safe
- Where's VTP Pegasus
- What do the Republicans think, motivates the Democrats
- My prescription for glasses can change overnight
- What do Kashmiris and Pathans look like
- Whether Tamil is the best language
- How can Nepal improve its economy
- How much anti-Americanism is there in Europe?
- Biafra will bear fruit
- How do you rate Christian missionaries
- What happened after Aurangzeb died
- What is a superstitious belief
- How many Muslim countries have nuclear power
- Why do people get nose rings
- What can I learn from Python
- How did Mormonism begin
- What did a medieval village look like?
- Nobody cares anymore
- What is the price of Marlboro Red
- How do narcissists react to criticism
- How much peripheral vision is normal
- How many countries touch the Indian border
- Which is India's best SMS gateway
- Are politicians deeply happy
- Will you ever leave Brazil
- Has learning Chinese language helped your career
- Are there skunks in Michigan
- All postmodernists are atheists
- Why aren't ISPs blocking Facebook
- Why are people so biologically resilient
- Why didn't Saudi Arabia take part in World War II?