What is a good diet for osteoporosis
Osteoporosis: Tips and Recipes for Strong Bones
You can prevent bone loss in good time if you live in a bone-friendly manner. That means: be physically active regularly and eat high-calcium. This combination helps you to build up enough bone substance at a young age and to keep the breakdown of bone mass within natural limits later on. For those who already suffer from osteoporosis, a lot of exercise and the right diet are among the basic treatment measures.
Our skeleton is like a large construction site. Bone mass is constantly being built up and broken down. The mineral calcium is the most important building material. In order to optimally supply the bone cells with it, healthy adults should not consume more than 1000 milligrams a day. This is recommended by the German Nutrition Society. The best way to meet your calcium requirements is through a varied diet that contains many dairy products, but also green vegetables and fish. If you also take calcium supplements from the pharmacy, it is best to discuss the optimal dosage with your doctor. The pharmacist can also advise on this.
Here are the best tips:
– With milk, yogurt and cheese the easiest and fastest way to meet your daily calcium requirements. Top suppliers are hard cheeses: Emmentaler, for example, shines with 1100 milligrams per 100 grams, Gouda with 800 milligrams. Half a liter of buttermilk contains around 500 milligrams of calcium, a cup of natural yoghurt (150 grams) around 180 milligrams, and a glass of milk (200 milliliters) around 240 milligrams.
- Other important sources of calcium are green vegetables like kale, broccoli, lamb's lettuce and fennel. You score twice with green vegetables: They also contain a lot of vitamin K for bone strength.
– Vitamin D improves the absorption of calcium and phosphorus. This vitamin is particularly abundant in fatty sea fish such as salmon, herring or mackerel. Your skin also forms it itself with the help of sunlight. You should therefore exercise regularly outside. Movement stimulates the bone structure at the same time.
– Also mineral waters provide plenty of calcium, some varieties even over 400 milligrams per liter. However, experts recommend paying attention not only to the calcium content on the label, but also to the sodium content. It shouldn't exceed 50 milligrams.
– Since vitamin C improves calcium utilization from fruit and vegetables, it is worth mixing dairy products with fresh fruit (muesli, drinks) or combining vegetables with cheese (salads, gratins).
– Restraint with calcium predators: These include foods that inhibit calcium absorption or that increase calcium excretion. These are mainly alcohol, foods high in salt and fat, foods with a high phosphate content such as sausage, meat, processed cheese or many ready-made products, fiber and foods with a lot of oxalic acid such as spinach, beetroot, rhubarb or chocolate.
Note: Are you already taking calcium supplements? Then you should make sure that the total amount of calcium from diet and medication does not exceed the recommended dose.
Fruit granola with nuts
For 2 servings: 4 tbsp oat flakes, 2 tbsp chopped hazelnuts or almonds, 100 g fresh berries (for ...
Broccoli noodle gratin
For 2 servings: 150 g (wholemeal) pasta (e.g. spirals, penne), 200 g cleaned broccoli florets, 1 ...
Salad with parmesan and walnuts
For 2 servings: 150 g mixed green lettuce (e.g. lettuce, lamb's lettuce, frisée), 50 g ...
Salmon fillet on snow peas and lamb's lettuce
For 2 servings: 250 g salmon fillet, lemon juice, salt, black pepper from the mill, 2 tablespoons oil, 100 g ...
My health academy
Prevention, early diagnosis, appropriate therapies - all of these help prevent osteoporosis or at least keep it in check
- Why is there still naxalism
- Should we buy gold on Amavasya day
- What do Marxists want
- What are silver, gold and platinum doing
- How did Trumpism change politics
- Can there be life in Antarctica?
- What is Stone Island
- What are the tasks of WorkSafeBC
- When did the Anglo Marathas take place
- Are chanakya and aryabhatt the same
- Which song brings back good memories
- Why should someone not support human rights
- How did some Arabs become Shiite?
- How can India reduce the Muslim population
- Atheists weren't created by anything
- What can you learn from your horse
- How many people live in Japan
- Which continent has maximum natural resources?
- Should be watching TV news
- Why is Denmark not a socialist country
- How are the Dutch
- Which Forex should I trade today
- How would you make journalism more credible?
- What are steps to lecture
- What are some tips for public speaking
- Who are true literary geniuses
- New York is safer than San Francisco
- Is health-free in Norway
- Male flight attendants are usually gay
- How does the work
- Why do narcissists always act
- Is it a good thing to be petty?
- Why not use Python
- Why didn't the east colonize Australia?