Is 3D printing different in space
3D printing service: Instructions / preparation / request
The step from a virtual model to a print-ready file requires cleanly structured 3D data:
In principle, 3D data is required for 3D printing. It will be aclosed (waterproof) volume model provided. All individual components of a model must be described as complete bodies. All bodies should be connected to one another without any gaps and any overlapping of surfaces must be avoided. Movable structures must have a constructed gap of approx. 0.2 mm between the individual elements.
In the FDM / FLM process, the following applies to minimum wall thicknesses:
approx.1 mm (The limiting element is the track / deposit width of the melted material at the nozzle outlet)
In the 3DP process, the following applies to minimal wall thicknesses:
Non-load-bearing structures in the model: at least 2 mm
Load-bearing structures in the model: at least5 mm
The one developed by 3D Systems, which is very common in rapid prototyping, is suitable for monochrome models STL format (* .stl), which can be output by almost any 3D CAD program. If color information or textures are also to be transmitted, that is VRML format (* .wrl) most common.
There are many other 3D data formats that can be converted into a suitable format if necessary. As an alternative, you can always send us your data in STEP format (* .stp or * .step) available.
When outputting the data in one of the above formats, make sure that the tolerance setting (tessellation) is suitably precise, a good value is usually: 0.01 mm.
A description for the export from CATIA V5 (or V6) can be found here.
You can find a useful basis for architectural models in the Contex “Design Guide”.
- Is DNA replication the same as transcription?
- Why are the songs of World War II happy?
- Why doesn't Keanu Reeves use social media
- How was Missouri 100 years ago
- Choose Australia India over China
- Are there Hindu mantras to learn
- Are you a communist
- Lou Reed was really an asshole
- Why are most of the Android apps so ugly
- Is Mexico a good place for retirement?
- Indonesian girls like Pakistani men
- What are the weaknesses of the Australians
- Most Jaeger hate animals
- Is Groenland technically a country?
- Does AMU offer a BBA course
- Which churches have problems with modern Bibles?
- Like life in Australia
- Bugatti is considered a French car
- Should atheists celebrate Christmas
- Why is Karl Marx famous
- What unusual things can you do
- Every murderer is a psychopath
- How can I reduce my swollen fingers
- How can Japan reverse its population decline