Which country has the best men
Average size of man and woman
Height by countryThe table below shows the average height, weight and BMI from 134 countries. All information relates to men and women between the ages of 18 and 25. By the way, the average man in Germany is 180 cm tall. The average German woman reaches a height of 166 cm with 14 cm less.
Body size according to continentsA pure list by country may be helpful when it comes to classifying yourself in your environment. Here again a list summarized by subcontinent. Here, too, it becomes clear that there are definitely deviations within a continent. So the weight of Southeast Asians and Polynesians differs a little from the rest of the subcontinent. With regard to body size, there are noticeable fluctuations among southern Europeans, North Americans and Near Eastern Asians compared to the rest of the respective continent.
Influences on body sizeThe main reasons for a regionally different body size are inheritance and the nutritional standard. Protein-rich food is important, and this will be noticeable over generations. Protein is an essential component here, but a weakening of the body due to diseases and allergies also has a growth-inhibiting effect. Due to a weakening of the immune system, diseases occur more frequently and therefore consume the energy that the body could put into its growth. Good health is primarily due to good nutrition, but also to a good health system with adequate medical care. As a result, the average height is strikingly low, especially in poor third world countries.
Genetic predispositions are another factor influencing body size. However, it is not individual genes that speak for or against pronounced growth, but rather the interaction of several dozen genes. The characteristics of these genes are passed on in families or ethnic groups.
Historical increase in sizeIn almost every country in the world, the average height has increased significantly over the past 100 years. While German men were about 13 cm shorter at the beginning of the 20th century, Spanish men gained over 14 cm and Iranians even over 16 cm. Among women, the height of South Koreans has increased by over 20 cm.
These high increases are unique in human history. In no phase of evolution have humans grown as much as they have been since the Industrial Revolution at the end of the 18th century. In the previous 1000 years, both men and women did not grow at all on average and before that only by 1-2 cm per 1000 years.
DatabaseAll sizes and weights are based on a summary of scientific studies evaluated by the NCD Risk Factor Collaboration (NCD-RisC) and published in the medical journal The Lancet. The more than 2100 studies summarized there date from 1985 to 2019. In contrast to the NCD-RisC, however, no long-term development is to be presented here, which is why the data in the table above is composed only of studies from the last 3 years.
- What does it mean to have problems
- Why is gambling so popular in Australia
- When did machine learning become popular?
- How Turkish was the Ottoman Empire
- Which companies sell ETFs
- Chinese people eat human meat
- Crude oil prices from 1921 to 1930
- Are publicly known to police reports in California
- Seattle is a beautiful city
- Why do people like to be smart
- Why are some continents connected
- Why do people like the Jews
- What is the top hit song by The Hollies
- What do all people have in common
- What is a VLAN network
- Kasaragod should belong to Karnataka or Kerala
- Kickass Torrent is really going on
- Do you like a lot of friends
- What are the best American universities
- What are some train mottos
- What is buckwheat 1
- Donald Trump trains hard
- Which stream is better CSE or mechanical
- How does color blindness affect night vision